Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Yield 9 servings
- 1 Tbs flax meal
- 2 Tbs water
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1/2 c water, warm
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c dutch cocoa powder
- 1/3 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/3 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flax meal and 2 Tbs water and let sit 5 minutes to gel.
- Stir in the sugar, water, peanut butter, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cocoa, flours, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and chia seeds.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until it just comes together, fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan completely, slice and serve
Courses bars, brownies, dessert
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/02/double-dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-brownies.html