Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya
Yield 6 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 lb, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 ½ tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 2 c chopped onion, celery, red and green pepper mix, frozen
- 3 c water
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 c long grain rice
- Season the chicken and place in a large skillet with the cooking oil at medium heat; until evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Set your crockpot on low and add the chicken, vegetable mix, water and tomato paste.
- Cook for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add the rice, and let cook and additional 20 minutes.
- The rice should be tender and absorb most of the liquid.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya in Cooking Up a Storm
Courses main dish
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/02/crockpot-chicken-jambalaya.html