Chocolate Mousse Tarts
Yield 12 servings
- 1 1/2 c chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate
- 7 oz. marshmallow creme
- 1/4 c water
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 12 puff pastry shells, I used Pepperidge Farms
- 12 cherries, pitted
- 3 Tbs chocolate shavings
- Bake the puff pastry shells according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat melt the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips and water until smooth, set aside to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until incorporated and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Take the tops off the puff pastry shells, fill each shell with 2 Tbs of mousse, top with a cherry and chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 4 cups of mousse, cover tightly and store any leftover mousse in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Courses dessert, mousse, tart
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/01/chocolate-mousse-tarts.html