Dark Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
Yield 3 dozen truffles, depending on size
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs corn syrup
- 8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 24 soft round peppermints*, crushed
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the heavy cream, butter and syrup, cook until it simmers. Set the cream mixture aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute, whisk until smooth, heating in additional 15 second increments if necessary.
- Whisk in half of the cream mixture to the chocolate until smooth, add the remaining cream to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop portion the chocolate out and roll into balls, roll in the crushed peppermint.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.
*You can use hard candy peppermints, but if you refrigerate them the mint candy will melt a bit due to the chilling process. For best results roll the truffles in the crushed mints before serving.
Recipe adapted from All Purpose Truffles in Chocolate by Nick Malgieri
Courses candy, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/12/dark-chocolate-peppermint-truffles.html