Honey Vanilla Peach Butter
Yield 2 pints
- 1 qt peaches; pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a large saucepan cook the peaches, lemon juice and honey over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and mash the peaches with a wooden spoon as they soften.
- Add the chia seeds and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the seeds begin to gel.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, transfer to canning jars.
- At this point you can either can the peach butter for long storage or cool completely on the counter and then cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe adapted from Magical Blueberry Vanilla Chia Seed Jam by Oh She Glows
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/09/honey-vanilla-peach-butter.html