Banana Nut Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield 1 bundt, about 16 servings
For the cake:
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c oil
- 3 c flour
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c chopped pecans
For the frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs milk
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbs chopped pecans, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle in two Tbs of sugar to coat.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter, sugars, and cinnamon until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. In a mixing bowl combine the Greek yogurt, bananas, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- Alternately add the wet and the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, until the batter just comes together and fold in the pecans.
- Spread the batter into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden and a tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a small bowl stir together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and sprinkle the remaining pecans, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Apple Cake in Williams-Sonoma Mastering Cakes
Courses cake, dessert
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/09/banana-nut-cake-with-maple-cream-cheese-frosting.html