Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Yield 4 turnovers
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs coarse sugar, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl stir together the apple, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Unfold the pastry and slice into 4 squares divide the filling between the squares and fold in half, using a fork or pitching with your fingers seal the turnovers.
- Whisk together the egg and water, brush the tops of the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle on the coarse sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes, serve warm.
Courses dessert, breakfast