Chicken Cordon Bleu Mac N Cheese
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 8 oz macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 4 oz cooked ham, diced
- 8 oz cheese, I used a mixture of Monterey Jack and Swiss
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 c milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c Panko bread crumbs, I used seasoned
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions, al dente is good for this recipe.
- In a medium sauce pan melt the butter, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir until a thick roux is achieved, you can add more milk if you like a thinner sauce.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted, toss in the macaroni, chicken and ham and stir to combine. Preheat your oven to 350º and spray an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season the mixture to taste and transfer to the baking pan, sprinkle on the Panko bread crumbs and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
Courses main dish, side dish, pasta
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/06/chicken-cordon-bleu-mac-n-cheese.html