Vegetable Gratin: Secret Recipe Club Reveal
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Canola oil
- 1 onion, small
- 1 Tbs mined garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs thyme, I used dried
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a small casserole dish with cooking spray; I used a Pyrex pie pan. Slice the zucchini into thin rounds, in a mixing bowl toss the zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, set aside. In a separate bowl mix the Panko, thyme, pepper and parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In a skillet over medium/low temp heat the canola oil and cook the onion until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic during the last minute and spread the mixture into the bottom of a casserole pan.
- Place a layer of zucchini over the onion mixture and top with tomatoes, sprinkle the with the Panko mixture and continue layering; ending with a top layer of vegetables.
- Sprinkle the Italian cheese over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cheese is golden and melted.
- Remove carefully, cool 8-10 minutes and serve warm.
Courses side dish, vegetable