Yield 6 servings
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c celery, chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 c zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf crushed
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp sugar
- Over medium heat place the oil in a large pan and saute the onions, celery, green peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, bay leaf and tomatoes; cook to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and sugar, cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes and serve warm.
Courses main dish
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/01/shrimp-creole.html