Butternut Squash Soup
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 4 c stock, I used chicken but whatever you like best is fine
- 1 small butternut squash, cooked & pureed
- 1 small apple, I used a Honey Crisp
- 1 c carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled & chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot add the stock, apple, carrot, celery and potatoes, bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer until softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the squash puree and simmer over low an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or using a standard blender (working in small batches) puree the soup until smooth, serve warm.
Courses soup, main dish
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/10/butternut-squash-soup.html