Zucchini Cheese Bites
Yield 3 dozen bites
- 2 zucchini, small
- 1/2 c Italian blend cheese, shredded (we like Sargento)
- 3/4 c applesauce (you can use oil, but I like the moistness it provides)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl grate the zucchini, add the cheese and applesauce, stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until moist, spoon 1 tsp of batter into each well of the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on the tops of the batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove and serve warm.
Courses appetizer, bread
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/07/zucchini-cheese-bites.html