Soft, delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies make a perfect after school snack, grab a glass of milk and dig in!
I’m not sure if another household loves peanut butter as much as we do! Okay time for a slightly embarrassing story. Before we moved last year, when I was packing up I discovered 8 jars of peanut butter in my pantry. That’s 8 – not one, not two or even three but EIGHT! My sister said I had a serious peanut butter problem, but you know what? We used them all and since then I have had to buy peanut butter quite a few times. It might be due to our addiction, peanut butter is quite versatile you know. Or maybe it’s because I make all sorts of things with it; bread, cookies, fudge, the list continues.
Stories aside, now for the cookies. Last week my hubby was requesting some cookies. I didnt want to just make the same old ones, so I modified our tried and true PB cookie recipe. These tasty little cookies were the result; soft, delicious and full of peanut buttery goodness. Make them for yourself or for a friend, enjoy and happy baking!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, add the egg and peanut butter, mix well. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour, or longer if not using immediately. Preheat your oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Scoop out the dough into 1 1/2 Tbs rounds and place on the baking sheets.
- Using a fork make a criss cross pattern to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store remaining cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Courses cookie, peanut butter