Chocolate Almond Macaroon Bars
Yield 12 large or 16 small bars
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 2 c sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c chocolate chips (I like dark chocolate, use whatever you like best)
- 1/2 c almonds, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 8"x8" pan with baking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and sugar, cut in the butter until a crumbly texture forms.
- Press the flour mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together the coconut, chocolate, almonds and sweetened condensed milk.
- Once the crust is finished baking cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Next spread the coconut mixture on top and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour, slice into squares and serve.
Courses dessert, bar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/06/chocolate-almond-macaroon-bars.html