Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Dog Bites
Yield 24 bites
- 1/2 c + 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbs corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 hot dogs, each sliced into 8 pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400º F and prepare a mini muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, honey, butter and egg.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until it just comes together, then fold in the cheese and jalapeño.
- Place a 1 Tbs scoop of the batter into each well of the mini muffin tin.
- Push one slice of hotdog into the center of each muffin well and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully remove and serve.
- Store remaining, cooled corn dog bites in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2018/09/jalapeno-cheddar-corn-dog-bites.html