Chocolate Pound Cake
Yield 1 cake
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder, I used Ghirardelli Majestic Premium Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 1/4 c milk
For the ganache:
- 1/2 c chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare an 8.5" loaf pan by placing a rectangle of parchment in the bottom of the pan and then coating with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs and melted butter.
- Stir in the chocolate extract and milk, mix until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter comes together.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then add the chopped chocolate and stir together until smooth.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack placed over a sheet pan and spread the ganache onto the cake.
- Cool 10-15 more minutes, slice and serve.
- Store remaining cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2018/02/chocolate-pound-cake.html