Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish
Yield 4 pastries
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Danish is a delicious, flaky puff pastry stuffed with lightly sweetened pumpkin cream cheese filling and makes a great breakfast or dessert!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1/4 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- cinnamon sugar for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a baking pan with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the pumpkin puree, powdered sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in the cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon until the mixture is smooth, place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Gently roll your sheet of puff pastry dough into a square and cut into 4 equal parts.
- In a small bowl beat together the egg and water to form an egg wash.
- Lightly brush the egg wash on the perimeter of the square of dough.
- Spread about 3 Tbs of the pumpkin mixture in the center of the dough and fold two sides together at the center of the pastry, sealing with a dab of egg wash.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake for 15-17 minutes until golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
- Store an left over danish in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2017/10/pumpkin-cream-cheese-danish.html