Salted Chocolate Caramel Chip Bars
Yield 9 -12 servings
- 1/3 c butter
- 1/3 c shortening
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c caramel baking chips, I used Ghirardelli
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer cream together the butter and shortening.
- Add the sugars and mix well, add the egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Next add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix until well combined.
- Stir in the caramel baking chips and press the mixture into a greased 8"x8" baking pan.
- Sprinkle on the fleur de sell and bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on desired firmness.
- Let cool in the pan 20-25 minutes, then slice and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2017/02/salted-chocolate-caramel-chip-bars.html