Chewy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield 3 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 11 oz chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer cream together the butter and shortening.
- Add the sugars and mix well, add the eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Next add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch and salt, mix until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and scoop into 1 1/2 Tbs rounds.
- Place the cookies 2" apart on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Courses dessert, cookie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2017/01/chewy-double-chocolate-chunk-cookies.html