Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 chocolate chips + 2 Tbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave, about 45 seconds.
- To the butter, stir in the sugar, pumpkin puree, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the paper liners and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
Courses breakfast, muffin
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/09/chocolate-pumpkin-muffins.html