Chocolate Swirl Peanut Butter Bars
Yield 12 -16 bars
- 1/2 c peanut butter, creamy
- 4 Tbs butter, softened
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 2/3 c sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment.
- Cream together the peanut butter, butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread the cookie mixture evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and using a knife swirl the chocolate into the cookie base.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan and let cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Using the edges of the parchment lift the cookie bars out of the pan and let cool on the counter for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- Store leftover bars in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
recipe adapted from Delicious Peanut Butter Swirl Bars in The Amish Cook's Family Favorite Recipes
Courses bar, dessert, cookie bar
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/06/chocolate-swirl-peanut-butter-bars.html