Peach Skillet Galette
Yield 1 galette
for the crust:
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cold butter, diced
- 3-4 Tbs ice cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
for the filling:
- 8 large peaches, sliced
- 1/2 c honey
- 1 1/2 Tbs corn starch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs coarse sugar, for crust topping
for the glaze:
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbs milk, depending on desired consistency
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Using a food processor combine the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Add the ice cold water 1 Tbs at a time until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 300º F.
- In a large bowl combine the peaches and honey.
- Sprinkle on the corn starch and cinnamon, stir to coat evenly.
- Roll the crust out into a large circle, roughly 16".
- Place the crust into a 10" cast iron skillet and spoon the peach mixture in the center.
- Fold the edges of the pastry in, overlapping them as you go.
- Whisk together the egg and 1 Tbs of water and brush the edges of the crust.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar and bake for 35-40 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Let cool in the pan about an hour.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooled galette, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Rustic Spiced Peach Tart from the Lodge Cast Iron Cookbook
Courses dessert, pastry, pie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/04/peach-skillet-galette.html