Yield 2 dozen, large pralines
- 1 1/4 c cashews, chopped
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c Silk Cashew Milk
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper or baking mats and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan mix together all of the ingredients using a wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium high heat until the mixture begins to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Clip your candy thermometer to the side of the pan once it begins to boil and stir constantly.
- Boil the mixture until it reaches between 238º and 240º F on the thermometer, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and begin stirring, stir the mixture until it begins to look cloudy and creamy, less than 5 minutes.
- Working quickly, drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the prepared pans and let cool for 10 minutes.
- You can serve them warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/02/cashew-pralines.html