Broccoli Cheese Soup
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/2 c carrots, shredded
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 2 c water
- 2 c milk
- 1 14 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 1/2 c baby spinach
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the carrots and onions, cook until softened.
- Add the flour and stir to coat.
- While string add the water and milk, then add the broccoli and spinach, cook for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded cheese and salt and pepper and using an immersion blender (or work in batches using a standard blender) puree the soup to desired consistency.
- Serve warm.
Courses main dish, soup
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/01/broccoli-cheese-soup-2.html