Perfect Dinner Rolls #PantryInsiders
Yield 1 1/2 dozen
- 1 c water, warm
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 c bread flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, large
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- In a small bowl combine the warm water, yeast and 1 tsp of sugar, set aside for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl of your stand mixer add the 2 1/2 c bread flour, sugar and salt, stir to combine.
- Add the egg, olive oil and yeast mixture and mix to combine.
- Using a wooden spoon stir in the remaining 1 c of bread flour.
- Oil a large mixing bowl and place the dough inside, turning it over to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and place it in your oven with the light on, let the dough rise to double, about 1 hour.
- On a well floured surface roll the dough out into a large rectangle and spread the butter evenly over the surface.
- Beginning with the long side roll the dough towards you into a log.
- Cut the log of dough in half and cut each half into 9 slices.
- Stretch each slice into a flat rectangle and fold the ends into the center overlapping them.
- Place the rolls on a half sheet pan lined with parchment or a baking mat and place back in the oven to rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, preheat it to 350º F and bake for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Courses bread, rolls
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/12/perfect-dinner-rolls-pantryinsiders.html