Chocolate Cranberry Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ c butter, softened
- ¼ c cream cheese, softened
- ½ c brown sugar, packed
- ¼ c molasses
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, extra large
- ¾ c dried cranberries
- ¾ c mini chocolate chips
- sanding sugar, optional
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats and preheat oven to 375º F.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir until smooth and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Then gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop place dough 2" apart on the baking sheets, flatten them a bit with damp fingers and sprinkle the sanding sugar on the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, cookies should be slightly puffed and begin to crisp around the edges.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Courses cookie, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/12/chocolate-cranberry-gingerbread-cookies.html