Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield 8 mini loaves
- 1 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbs butter
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 c miniature chocolate chips
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line an 8 well mini loaf pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the egg and then add the Greek yogurt, milk and vanilla bean paste and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet, being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter between the paper liners and sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden and a tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
Courses breakfast, muffin
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/10/chocolate-chip-muffin-loaves.html