Apple Pie Tassies
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 c shredded apple
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c whipped cream for topping, optional
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and cream cheese, then stir in the flour and cinnamon sugar.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To a microwave safe bowl add the shredded apple, brown sugar, butter and cook at high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla, then beat in the egg.
- Once the dough is chilled preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, measure out the dough into 18 portions.
- Press the dough into an un-greased mini muffin pan, making sure to have the dough go up the sides of the pan to create a shell.
- Place 1 Tbs of the apple mixture in each dough shell and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- The edges of the pastry should be golden and the apple filling set.
- Remove carefully and let cool in the pan 5 minutes, gently remove the tasties from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Store un-topped tasties in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Courses dessert, pie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/10/apple-pie-tassies.html