Ultimate Chocolate Cookies
Yield 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c miniature M&M candies
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- To a microwave safe bowl add the semisweet chocolate, coconut oil and 2 tbs of butter, microwave over high heat for 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the remaining butter, sugar and honey.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, add the vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until it comes together.
- Fold in the miniature M&M's and the white chocolate chips.
- Using a 2 Tbs cookie scoop drop rounds onto the baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, remove from the oven carefully and cool on the pan 3-5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days, using parchment or wax paper between layers.
recipe adapted from Ultimate Chocolate Dipped Cookies from BHG 100 Best Cookies 2010
Courses cookie, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/09/ultimate-chocolate-cookies.html