Easy Sea Salt Caramels
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c corn syrup
- 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp sea salt, for topping
- Generously butter an 8"x8" baking pan and set aside.
- In a large glass mixing bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and return to the microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir the mixture once more and cook for an additional minute.
- Carefully remove the mixture from the microwave and stir in the vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Let cool completely (about an hour or so) slice and serve.
- Wrap the cut caramel in wax or parchment paper to store and place in an airtight container.
Courses candy, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/08/vanilla-bean-sea-salt-caramels.html