Cherry Limeade Sweet Rolls
Yield 12 rolls
- 2 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/4 c coconut oil, divided
- 1 egg, large
- 1 c cherries, washed, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 c powdered sugar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- In the bowl of your strand mixer add the flour, sugar, salt and yeast, stir to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the water, milk and 2 Tbs coconut oil, heat for 1 minute over high power.
- Using the dough hook, gradually add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture, add the egg and knead over medium/low speed for 4-5 minutes; the dough will be sticky.
- Place the dough on a clean surface and cover with plastic wrap, let sit 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook the cherries, corn starch, 1 tsp of sugar, lime zest and juice for 5-6 minutes, until darkened and soft.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 200º F and prepare a rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle (a little extra flour will keep it from sticking to your counter).
- Stir the 1/3 c sugar into the cooled cherry mixture.
- Spread 2 Tbs of coconut oil over the dough and top with the cherry mixture.
- Starting with the long side roll the dough towards you and pinch the seam to seal.
- Slice the log in half and then slice each half into six equal pieces.
- Place the rolls into the baking pan, cover with foil, turn the oven off and place the rolls inside to rise for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- After the rolls have risen, remove from the oven and set the foil aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and bake for 25 minutes, until golden on top.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, let cool 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl stir together the powdered sugar and lime juice to form an icing.
- Spread the icing over the rolls and serve.
dough recipe adapted from Lemon Sweet Rolls, Sally's Baking Addiction
Courses breakfast, sweet roll
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/07/cherry-limeade-sweet-rolls.html