Baby Smash Cake
Yield 1 cake
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c natural applesauce
- 1/4 c milk, I used almond
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 6" cake pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the oil and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl combine the applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and applesauce mixture alternately to the stand mixer until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 23-25 minutes, until the top springs back.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes, turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Decorate as desired.
Courses cake, dairy-free
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/06/baby-smash-cake.html