Chocolate Chip Chia Cookies
Yield 1 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/4 c coconut oil, solid
- 1/4 c coconut sugar, I like Trader Joe's
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs golden flax meal
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, I like Ghirardelli (in the gold bag)
- 1/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line two baking pans with parchment or baking mats.
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and the water and set aside to gel, about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the coconut oil and sugars until combined.
- Add the flax mixture and the vanilla to the coconut oil mixture and combine.
- Stir together the oats, chocolate chips, flours, chia seeds, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until it just comes together.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, place the dough 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until the edges just start to crisp.
- Cool on the pan 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
recipe adapted from Whole Grain Chippers in Gifts From a Jar: Cookies, Brownies & Bars
Courses cookie, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/05/chocolate-chip-chia-oat-cookies.html