Chicken Asparagus Pasta Salad
Yield 8 -10 servings
- 1 14 oz box of bow tie pasta
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 Tbs Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 10 oz pkg cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c pasta water
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 small can black olives, sliced
- 1 small jar of capers, drained 2/3 of the way
- 2 Tbs cracked black pepper
- 2 c fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/2 c of the pasta water.
- Season the chicken with the Italian salad dressing mix; bake at 350º for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, asparagus, onion and garlic, cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- To a large mixing bowl add the pasta and asparagus mixture.
- Roughly chop the chicken and add it to the pasta mixture.
- Add the pasta water, vinegar, black olives, capers, black pepper and 1 1/2 c of the parmesan cheese.
- Stir the mixture together to distribute the ingredients evenly and top with the remaining 1/2 c cheese.
- Serve warm or chill for 2-3 hours and serve cold.
recipe adapted from Chicken Asparagus Penne Pasta Salad by Suzanne Collier
Courses salad, main dish, side dish
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/05/chicken-asparagus-pasta-salad.html