Roasted Veggie Galette
Yield 1 galette, 6-8 servings
- 1 zucchini, medium
- 3 yellow squash, small
- 1/2 onion, small
- 3 Tbs Pompeian Arbequina Olive Oil
- 3/4 c pizza sauce
- 3 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs Arbequina olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375º F.
- Wash, dry and chop the veggies.
- Toss the veggies in a bowl with the olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- In a small bowl add the yeast, warm water and honey, set aside for 10 minutes to bloom.
- In a large mixing bowl add 3 cups of the flour and the salt, make a well in the center and add the olive oil, stir to combine.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry using a wooden spoon and stir until it comes together.
- Cover with a clean cloth and let rise while the veggies are roasting.
- Using the last 1/2 c flour knead the dough and stretch into a large rectangle.
- Cover the dough with the pizza sauce and layer the veggies on top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.
Courses main dish
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/04/roasted-veggie-galette.html