Tender seasoned rice and chicken come together effortlessly in this Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya; it makes for an easy, delicious meal your whole family will love!
Happy August you guys! This month my blogging friends and I have your best interests in mind and we’re sharing Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipes. Truth be told, I don’t normally do a lot of cooking in the slow cooker. I actually gave mine away to a friend a few months ago. Last year I received an Instant Pot for my birthday and I’ve fallen in love with it, plus it has a slow cook setting so I couldn’t justify having two gadgets that could do the same job. Since back to school is coming fast that means its about to get a lot more busy around here. So today I am sharing one of my favorite slow cooker meals, Crock Pot Chicken Jambalaya.
This recipe is an adaptation of Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya from the book, Cooking Up a Storm. An easy, delicious meal your whole family will love. Plus since its made in your slow cooker / crockpot it’s practically effortless! I served mine with a side of this Creamed Corn Cornbread and some steamed broccoli, the real win is there wasn’t much left over. It made for a really hearty and satisfying meal, I think next time I make it I will add some extra spice to really up the flavor and give it a bit of a kick. I hope you’ll try this Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya soon, enjoy!
Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya
Yield 6 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 lb, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 ½ tsp Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 2 c chopped onion, celery, red and green pepper mix, frozen
- 3 c water
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 c long grain rice
- Season the chicken and place in a large skillet with the cooking oil at medium heat; until evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Set your crockpot on low and add the chicken, vegetable mix, water and tomato paste.
- Cook for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add the rice, and let cook and additional 20 minutes.
- The rice should be tender and absorb most of the liquid.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya in Cooking Up a Storm
Courses main dish
Looking for more delicious slow cooker recipes? Look no further!
Slow Cooker Weeknight Lasagna
Shredded Pork Chile Verde
BBQ Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches
Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Crock Pot French Dips
Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Soup
Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
Spicy Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry