Deep Dish Skillet Pizza
Yield 1 pizza
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 c pizza sauce, depending on how you like it
- 2 c cheese
- additional toppings, as desired
- Preheat your oven to 450 F and lightly oil a 10" cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl mix the yeast, sugar and water together; set aside to bloom for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the salt, oil and flour; mix until well combined.
- Let sit 10 minutes to proof while you prepare the toppings.
- Stretch the dough out to form crust and place in the skillet, pushing the edges of the crust up the sides of the skillet.
- Cover with sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until crust is golden and the cheese begins to bubble.
Courses main dish, pizza
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/01/deep-dish-skillet-pizza.html