Apple Cinnamon Galette
Yield 6 servings
for the crust:
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs ice water
for the filling:
- 2 c apple, peeled and sliced - I used Rome
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- coarse sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the ice water and using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill while you mix the filling. In a bowl toss the apple, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice to coat.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4" thick and place on the lined pan.
- Arrange the apples in a circular pattern over dough and fold the edges up over the filling about 1/2".
- Sprinkle on the coarse sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/11/apple-cinnamon-galette.html