Cherry Almond Brownies
Yield 16 brownies
- 1/2 c butter
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c chopped almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat the batter until thick. Stir in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cherries, chocolate chips and almonds and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges crisp.
- Cool in the pan completely, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chunky Pecan Milk Chocolate Brownies from Brownie Points by Lisa Slater
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/10/cherry-almond-brownies.html