Caramel Apple Cookie Bars
Yield 12 bars
- For the crust:
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c oats
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 11 oz bag caramels
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line an 8"x8" baking pan with foil, grease well.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until it just comes together.
- Press the cookie dough into the baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the caramels and milk for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Pour half of the caramel sauce evenly over the cookie layer and top with the apple slices.
- Sprinkle on the pecans, pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce evenly over the toppings and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/10/caramel-apple-cookie-bars.html