Yield 4 tarts
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 c shredded cheese, I used Monterey Jack
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry into about a 12" square.
- Cut the dough into 4 equal squares and fold the edges into a circular tart shape.
- Place the tart shells on the baking pan and prick the bottom of the dough with a fork, bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes, place spinach into the bottom of each shell and sprinkle 1/4 c cheese on top.
- Make an indentation in the center of the cheese for the egg, arrange the bacon around the inside edge of the tart and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the yolk of the egg is set.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool 5 minutes on the pan, serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Egg, Bacon and Cheese Tarts by Sarah's Kitchen
Courses breakfast, pastry
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/08/breakfast-tarts.html