Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c shortening, I used Crisco
- 1 c brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c oats, I used old fashioned
- 12 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line baking pans with parchment, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and shortening for a minute, then add the brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until combined; scrape down the mixture and add the eggs and vanilla and beat 30 seconds. Add the flour and oats and beat until it comes together, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 Tbs of the dough onto the parchment, spaced 2" apart and bake for 7-8 minutes; until the edges just start to crisp.
- Cool on the pan 1 minute, transfer to cooling racks and cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chip Cookies in BHG 100 Best Cookies
Courses cookie, dessert, snack
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/07/chocolate-chip-oat-cookies.html