Rich, gooey, chocolatey, coconut flavored s’mores macaroon bars make the perfect after school snack or dessert!
S'mores Macaroon Bars
Yield 9 -12 bars
For the base:
- 1 1/2 c shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg white, extra large
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the topping:
- 6 oz chocolate, I used candy bars - IKEA Dark Chocolate to be exact
- 1 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- 1/3 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325º and line an 8"x8" baking pan with foil and prepare with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in the egg white, coconut oil and vanilla until blended completely.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking pan evenly and bake for 23-25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Turn off your oven and remove the baking pan; evenly distribute the chocolate bars over the crust, top with marshmallows and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
- Return the pan to the oven so the chocolate will melt, for about 10 minutes.
- Broil the bars at 300º for 3 minutes, watching carefully not to burn the topping.
- Remove carefully and let cool completely. Slice and serve.
Courses bar, dessert
Macaroon base recipe adapted from First Place Coconut Macaroons by Taste of Home