Sweet Potato Soup
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1 sweet potato, large
- 1 russet potato, large
- 1 c carrots, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 32 oz. vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2-3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp Natures Seasoning, made by Morton's I love this stuff
- Preheat your oven to 375º and line a baking pan with foil.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and pepper, roast for 35-40 minutes.
- In a 3 quart soup pan melt the butter and saute the onion and carrots for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the soup pot and bring to a boil, simmer until the potatoes finish roasting. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cool to the touch.
- Remove the skins and add to the pot, cook the soup an additional 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender purée the soup to desired consistency, I like mine smooth but chunky is fine.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/03/sweet-potato-soup.html