Strawberry Brownie Crumble
Yield 6 servings
For the filling:
- 4 c strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs corn starch
For the topping:
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c dark chocolate cocoa
- 1/4 c oats
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Slice the strawberries and toss them together in a bowl with the sugar, corn starch and lemon juice; spread over the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a separate bowl stir together the topping ingredients, until a crumbly soil-like texture is achieved.
- Sprinkle the topping over the strawberries and bake for 20-22 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove carefully, cool 8-10 minutes and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Brownie Crumble by Lisa Slater in Brownie Points
Courses dessert, brownie, strawberry
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2013/01/strawberry-brownie-crumble.html