Chocolate Pumpkin Granola Bars
Yield 12 -16 bars
- 2 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 3/4 c chocolate chips, I used miniature
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree, I used canned
- 1/2 c flax meal
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/3 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350º, line a large baking sheet with parchment and a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment, hanging the paper over the edges.
- Spread the oats over the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the baked oats, flax meal, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In a sauce pan add the pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat, cook for one minute.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine, set aside and cool 30-45 minutes, or be impatient like me and throw it in the freezer for 15.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and press the mixture into the 9"x13" pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely, cut into bars and serve.
Courses breakfast, granola bar, snack
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/10/chocolate-pumpkin-granola-bars-pumpkin-delights-recipe-series.html