Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- 2 c half and half
- 1 c whole milk
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 c chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Miniatures, chopped
- 2 Tbs peanut butter, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl combine the half and half, milk, sugar and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- In the microwave melt the peanut butter on high for 30 seconds, set aside to cool.
- Cover the cream mixture with plastic wrap and cool for 1 hour.
- After it's chilled, pour the cream mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze for 35-40 minutes, during the last few minutes of churning, add the peanut butter.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Freeze an additional 4-6 hours in your freezer, serve and enjoy.
recipe adapted from Philadelphia-style ice cream in Williams-Sonoma Mastering: Frozen Desserts
Courses dessert, ice cream
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/08/peanut-butter-cup-ice-cream.html