Lemon Ginger Snaps
Yield 2 dozen cookies
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1/4 tsp lemon oil, I used LorAnn Oils
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the egg, honey and lemon oil.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and beat to on low to combine.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out to 1/4" thick and cut into squares or with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, remove from oven, cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/08/lemon-ginger-snaps.html