Cinnamon Toasted Oat Squares
Yield 12 large or 16 small bars
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 c Toasted Oats Cereal, crushed
- 1/2 c cinnamon chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the egg, beat well.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to then flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Next add the crushed cereal and cinnamon chips stir until combined.
- Spread the dough into the baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely, then slice and serve.
FYI - I actually liked them better warm, but if you like them more crisp on top let them cool all the way.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2012/05/cinnamon-toasted-oat-squares.html