Yield 8 servings
for the filling:
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 5-6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
for the topping:
- 1 c flour
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs cold butter, diced
- 2/3 c buttermilk
- In a large bowl toss the peaches with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter and slowly add the buttermilk until a sticky dough forms.
- In a baking pan spread the peaches and top with the dough, bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, serve warm with a 2 tbs. milk or vanilla ice cream.
recipe adapted from Peach Cobbler in Everyday Baking
Courses dessert, fruit
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2011/09/peach-cobbler.html